This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Is Pairs still available?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sparhawk
Registered Member
OS

[SOLVED] Is Pairs still available?

Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:13 am
I'm wondering what happened to Pairs. It's still shown on the KDE site. This used to be packaged in Ubuntu, but hasn't been shipped since 13.10. It's also not available in Arch Linux.

Last edited by sparhawk on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
banjaminadkins
Registered Member

Re: Is Pairs still available?

Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:47 pm
sparhawk wrote:I'm wondering what happened to Pairs. It's still shown on the KDE site. This used to be packaged in Ubuntu, but hasn't been shipped since 13.10. It's also not available in Arch Linux.

Maybe you can check it in this site: http://www.gamespedition.com/. I wll suggest because in this site are a lot of useful information. Let me know are this was helpful. Thanks, Ben!
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS

Re: Is Pairs still available?  Topic is solved

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:03 pm
Pairs has been dropped from KDE Applications in 15.08, i.e. one and a half years ago.

IIRC, the maintainer/developer joined the gcompris project and didn't want to continue working on pairs.

You can of course still download the source code and compile it yourself. The last version is still KDE4 based though (which doesn't mean you cannot run/use it in Plasma5, but you need the corresponding KDE4 libs installed).
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:41 pm
PS, see also this mailinglist thread:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-edu/ ... 10684.html
sparhawk
Registered Member
OS

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:40 pm
Thank you to you both. @wolfi323, I guess this means that the page mentioned above probably needs to be deleted then. Cheers.