This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Ktouch QT Error

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
billsn
Registered Member

Ktouch QT Error

Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:51 am
Hello,

Ubuntu 18.04, installed via Software Center (snap)

Ktouch is awesome but today out of the blue I get

qrc:/qml/main.qml: File was compiled ahead of time with an incompatible version of Qt and the original file cannot be found. Please recompile

I figured I would just uninstall/reinstall it but don't want to lose profile and progress. have been through your board and see you suggest the profile is at ~/.kde/share/apps/ktouch/ or ~/.kde4/share/apps/ktouch/ and I have neither of those. I have ~/snap/ktouch but in any case profile.db isn't in there nor can I locate it anywhere in my system. Any ideas where to look?

Is there a fix for this outside of recompiling the program? If that is the only option can you provide notes on how to do so?

Last edited by billsn on Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
billsn
Registered Member

Re: Ktouch QT Error

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:08 am
Got it . . . .

The snap installed location for profiles.db is at
~./local/share/ktouch/

I uninstalled and reinstalled, appears to run but had lost all profile data. I had made a backup first and copied my backup to the directory above and it's running again now. :-D Hope this info is helpful to anyone else experiencing the problem.

I imagine one of the updates to Ubuntu removed the old version of QT. In any case, this fixed it.
billsn
Registered Member

Re: Ktouch QT Error

Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:13 am
Sorry, not solved. :-) As it turns out, I had installed version 4:17.12.3-ubuntu from the software center. While that works and runs, it has another problem described below.

So I uninstalled it and tried the other version, 18.12.1, and this 18.12.1 has the same original error on startup.

The problem with version 4:17.12.3-ubuntu: It has no menu items. I had previously turned off the live progress screen while typing and that selection is no longer available.

When I had my original problem I came across some XML files that appeared to store that information - they don't appear to be present in this version. Is there a way to restore those XML files and the main menu selections?
ragmanjin
Registered Member
OS

Re: Ktouch suddenly, totally dead.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:46 am
I've been having the same problem with ktouch not working at all since updating, but am still notably less clever with all this than the OP here. If anyone has any suggestions for us to get it all working right again, it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Rag.