This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Parley vocabulary

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
HappySmileMan
Alumni
OS

Parley vocabulary

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:23 pm
Hey I've just started making a German Parley set, since I could only find one in GHNS and it seemed fairly unorganised and hasn't been updated in over 3 years.

EDIT: I found how to conjugate the verbs but it doesn't seem to store 3rd person singular or plural, I set all 6 forms for present tense but it only asks me for 4 and whenever I reload the file the other 2 just disappear. Presumably this is a big.

Also is there a way to set plural forms? There seem to be a lot of irregularities in German for forming plurals, and I'd like to not have to enter in the words twice, once for singular, once for plural.

Also, if anyone would like to see the set and offer advice or anything (I'm not sure how exactly I should organise it) feel free to PM me here or something, I'll probably upload it somewhere after I have a decent amount of work done on it.

Last edited by HappySmileMan on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HappySmileMan, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Andre
Registered Member

RE: Parley vocabulary

Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 pm
Unfortunately I can't answer your questions, but I just thought it would be cool to have an online interface to collaborate on those vocabularies.

Last edited by Andre on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.' ~Terry Pratchett

'It's funny. All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they'll do practically anything you want them to.' ~J.D. Salinger
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:58 am
I do not use Parley, however I would recommend filing bug reports and feature requests for the appropriate events you are encountering, if the reports do not already exist.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
HappySmileMan
Alumni
OS

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:03 am
bcooksley wrote:I do not use Parley, however I would recommend filing bug reports and feature requests for the appropriate events you are encountering, if the reports do not already exist.

Will do, but I want to check out the app more, since I've already found the conjugation features after a while(although doesn't seem to work 100%) and I THINK I've found how to set plural forms (but not test them) and declensions.
So I want to have a more thorough look and make sure the things I'm looking for aren't already there and just hard to find :P

HappySmileMan, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.