This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kig: How to set radius

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
y.minus
Registered Member

Kig: How to set radius

Sun May 17, 2009 4:47 pm
I am trying to construct a circle giving point and radius. After setting the point, in the lower left corner of the status bar a text shows up: "Wählen Sie die Länge des Radius...", which means "Choose the length of radius...". But there is no prompt or anything else to put the radius. All icons are greyed out and clicking the mouse has no effect. The only way to proceed is by canceling the construction.

EDIT:
This also happens when trying to construct other objects that need numerical input.

Code: Select all
$ kig --version
Qt: 4.4.2
KDE: 4.2.2 (KDE 4.2.2)
Kig: v1.0

Last edited by y.minus on Sun May 17, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeC
Registered Member

RE: Kig: How to set radius

Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:14 pm
[quote='y.minus' pid='75225' dateline='1242578830']
I am trying to construct a circle giving point and radius. After setting the point, in the lower left corner of the status bar a text shows up: "Wählen Sie die Länge des Radius...", which means "Choose the length of radius...". But there is no prompt or anything else to put the radius. All icons are greyed out and clicking the mouse has no effect. The only way to proceed is by canceling the construction.

EDIT:
This also happens when trying to construct other objects that need numerical input.

First you should create a Segment, then select it when asked for the radius (or diameter). I use colours and line types to show for each object which is based on Segments like this.

The same technique is used when and angle is required, for example when creating an Arc. Create an Angle object then select it when creating the Arc.
MikeC
Registered Member

RE: Kig: How to set radius

Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:17 pm
y.minus wrote:I am trying to construct a circle giving point and radius. After setting the point, in the lower left corner of the status bar a text shows up: "Wählen Sie die Länge des Radius...", which means "Choose the length of radius...". But there is no prompt or anything else to put the radius. All icons are greyed out and clicking the mouse has no effect. The only way to proceed is by canceling the construction.

EDIT:

First you should create a Segment, then select it when asked for the radius (or diameter). I use colours and line types to show each object which is based on Segments like this. To change the radius select an end-point on the segment and move it.

The same technique is used when an angle is required, for example when creating an Arc. Create an Angle object then select it when creating the Arc.

Mike