This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Ark not working after (accidental) upgrade to KDE 4.2.88

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sexyclient
Registered Member
Much like the user in (installed-kde-4-3- ... 61650.html)<-- this thread, I accidentally upgraded to KDE 4.3 beta, but I decided to keep it because it's faster on my Pentium 4 3ghz, and adds a lot of features and usability upgrades. The first and only bug I've run into is that I can't open and thus unrar files using Ark. When I try to do so I get the following error:
Code: Select all
Reading the archive 'filepath/archive.rar' failed with the error 'Failed to locate program 'rar' in PATH.'

I tested zip files and they work fine, but rar is another beast. I'm using opensuse 11.1 and KDE 4.2.88 after upgrading from KDE 4.2.2. Can anyone offer me some spare assistance?
google01103
Manager
seems that whatever provides the rar and unrar programs are no longer installed, and you need to reinstall

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

sexyclient
Registered Member
I went into the package manager, searched "rar", and found the (appropriately named) "rar" package and installed it, and now everything's fine! Strangely enough, though, this package was in the packman repo instead of the official opensuse or kde factories -- weird... Thanks for the help!