This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to bulk update payee categories for existing entries?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wolftune
Registered Member
If I set the categories within the Payee list view, it doesn't do anything toward updating existing entries from a payee, even if the entries have no categories.

But is there a way to effectively do search-and-process for a bunch of payees without manually setting up each payee with its own search and process program?

I'm transitioning my parents to using Skrooge, and I got hundreds of Payees set up from importing bank downloads. I bothered setting appropriate categories per Payee. I'm hoping to not have to tediously go one-at-a-time opening each Payee's Operations, selecting all, and then updating to the Category I already chose in the Payee list.

Using search-and-process is just as tedious or moreso since I have to set it up for each Payee.

Skrooge already has an advice about Operations without categories. Why isn't one of the actions "update those Operations with the Categories specified for each Payee"?
atheist
Registered Member
OS
Hi, and Happy New Year.
Did you find a solution to this? I want to bulk edit the category for several hundred ledger entries. Thanks
A
smankowski
OS
wolftune wrote:Skrooge already has an advice about Operations without categories. Why isn't one of the actions "update those Operations with the Categories specified for each Payee"?

This is a good idea.
I will implement this advice and an automatic correction.

Skrooge, a personal finances manager powered by KDE
Image - PayPal
smankowski
OS
The enhancement is implemented and will be available in next release:
https://invent.kde.org/office/skrooge/- ... 75da829454

Skrooge, a personal finances manager powered by KDE
Image - PayPal
MCMic
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

This new operation does not work correctly for me, it sets category to "mail" for all of my operations. Something must be wrong in the SQL request.

Also, could it be possible to add this to the right-clic menu for operations, «align category with beneficiary» ?

[EDIT] It seems the SQL UPDATE is missing a match between suboperation.id and the so.id from the subrequest. Also, I would prefer if this operation only touched operations without a category, it seems to not be the case?