This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Strange behaviour with KDE

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
JesusM
Registered Member
OS

Strange behaviour with KDE

Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:48 pm
Hello,

I've been using Skrooge for very long time, and usually without a problem. Today something strange is happening and I would need to find where the problem is. Let's start saying that I do NOT think the problem is with Skrooge.

The thing is that today I updated the KDE5/Plasma environment (KDE framework 5.90.0 / Qt 5.15.3) and Skrooge works fine only if I call it from the terminal, just running 'skrooge'. But if I try to run int using the menu entry or a shortcut, generating a call to "/usr/share/applications/org.kde.skrooge.desktop" ... it open and closes immediately without any error message.

I had a look on the file and there is nothing strange apart from the name and comment on many different languages. Just in case KDE was having issues with 'non-standard' characters, I deleted all lines except the English version, but no change. So ... without any error message ... how can I see where the problem is?

Thanks
JesusM
Registered Member
OS

Re: Strange behaviour with KDE  Topic is solved

Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:18 am
Disregard. It was a problem of a 'dirty' installation and some pieces of the 'old' KDE framework coexisting with the new one. after cleaning it up, everything works fine.

//JM