This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Linux AppImage Icons

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cadwalader
Registered Member
OS

Linux AppImage Icons

Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:58 pm
Hello,

I'm a fairly decent user of the regular Mint and LMDE (Linux Mint Debian Edition) and converted off Windows about a year ago. Due to my paranoia caused by Microsoft breaking everything, I like to use AppImages where I can (used to use Port Apps all the time) because it saves all my personal settings (.home and .config).

I recently ran into Skrooge and absolutely love it. However when running the appimage there are a LOT of icons missing. Is it possible to compile the icons into the appimage instead of relying on the OS theme? I understand it is a KDE app, but I am running Gnome. I even have the Tango Icon Theme installed along with the Extras package but MOST of the app icons are the triangle with ! in it.

I also installed Skrooge through the software manager and that works fine. I see all icons in all places (showed me many icons I can't see in the appimage). Using AppImage on the same machine does not show icons.

I am getting to know where to hunt so will still use the program, but being able to see would be better.

Thanks in advance.