This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Gwenview always crashes

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
prutser
Registered Member

Gwenview always crashes

Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:07 am
Can somebody tell me why Gwenview crashed almost all the time when I try to browse through pictures?
(Kubuntu 20.04)
dzon
Registered Member

Re: Gwenview always crashes

Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:01 pm
What does launching it from a terminal tell you?

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.
prutser
Registered Member

Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:57 am
dzon wrote:What does launching it from a terminal tell you?

Nothing: same result. Window of Gwenview starts to become grey and after that the crash message.
dzon
Registered Member

Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:48 am
Well, make a backup of the config file, delete the original ( ~/.config/) one and see what gives.
There have been reports on a bug with libexev and darktable images though. And I can't say I didn't have problems before with Gwenview. As such I always keep a backup image viewer.
Personally I use Qimgv for that. Qt, lightweight, script and keyboard support. It can't do as much as Gwenview, but hey, till you have the issue figured out... You can set the colorscheme to whatever you like. This one's set to match the overall theme. https://imgur.com/a/mYRkJeP

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.
prutser
Registered Member

Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:11 pm
Believe it or not: Gwenview works properly again. Did not do anything like above. Last thing I did was changing the videocard driver....??
linadminx
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:09 pm
prutser wrote:Can somebody tell me why Gwenview crashed almost all the time when I try to browse through pictures?
(Kubuntu 20.04)

Maybe you have tried to look indecent pics ???
xD