This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Gwenview - Slow to load thumbnails

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
malcolmwhite
Registered Member

Gwenview - Slow to load thumbnails

Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:23 pm
I am running version 21.12.1-1.1 on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.

Gwenview used to load with thumbnails appearing quickly in the browse window and also when opening an image file from a directory. It now takes half a minute or so to load 3600 thumbnails from my camera directory when it used to be almost instantaneous in the previous version ( version 20.x?)

I had expected that this would have been noticed and addressed in subsequent updates, but it seems not. Am I the only one who is having this issue? If so, perhaps someone would be kind enough to suggest a solution - other than reducing the number of files in the directory.

Thanks.
linadminx
Registered Member
OS
I also suffer from this situation which is known for a very long time.

However, it is a feature and not a bug :P
saidbakr
Registered Member
OS
malcolmwhite wrote:I am running version 21.12.1-1.1 on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.

Gwenview used to load with thumbnails appearing quickly in the browse window and also when opening an image file from a directory. It now takes half a minute or so to load 3600 thumbnails from my camera directory when it used to be almost instantaneous in the previous version ( version 20.x?)

I had expected that this would have been noticed and addressed in subsequent updates, but it seems not. Am I the only one who is having this issue? If so, perhaps someone would be kind enough to suggest a solution - other than reducing the number of files in the directory.

Thanks.

This, also, may depend on the connection speed between your PC and camera and the health state of the camera's SD card too.