This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Not supported workflow in gwenview?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
damipereira
Registered Member
OS

Not supported workflow in gwenview?

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:26 am
Hi I was trying to do 1 simple task in gwenview and found it very hard to do
The task : Choosing pictures for exporting, I wanted to choose the best/more relevant photos to export. I mean I had 100 photos but wanted to upload only 50.

I guess that this task is common and that it should be more supported, I was going to report some wishes with some ideas, but I don't really know what a good way of doing this task would be.

What I've done is first, create a new folder and start to select the pictures (with the + icon) to copy them into the new folder. This has 2 problems
1. Photos in navigation mode are too small to see pictures good enough, for example I can't see if someone's eyes are closed.
2. If by mistake I click somewhere else I lose the selection so I have to copy the pictures often so I don't loose too much work.

For fixing 1 I guess a preview button (next to the rotate buttons, above the thumbnail)which shows the image bigger would be enough, but I'm not really sure about 2. I was thinking about a split view like dolphin's so that images could be copied easier.
unhammer
Registered Member
OS
I see two possible solutions.

1. Use the (nepomuk) star ratings and then add a star filter. Now you should have only your 50 best showing. The only "problem" is that filtering by star ratings involves rather lots of clicks -- hopefully Gwenview will follow digikam in adding one-click star ratings (there's a wish at https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=253479).

2. There's a brainstorm idea for a more permanent type of "selection" at brainstorm.php#idea38914_page1 -- but this seems to be a bit more involved for the developers.