This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] KIPI-Facebook upload doesn't work anymore

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Martux
Registered Member
OS
Hi!

I have a problem here on KDE-4.7.3/Gwenview. The Facebook export of images doesn't work anymore.
Gwenview opens up an empty site on facebook. When I paste the url into the plugins field, it gives an error message (from German) "Unable to login, cancelled by user".
Obviously I didn't cancel anything. So what can I do? Thanks.

Last edited by Martux on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Martux
Registered Member
OS
Hello?
Nobody else has that problem? It also doesn't work on my gf's Kubuntu machine.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Maybe a change in Facebook? Nothing was modified on the KDE side

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Martux
Registered Member
OS
But wouldn't then this forum or Kipi-plugins Facebook site be full of problems like mine? I also cannot find anything really related in the KDE bugtracker :( Mwahhh...
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Well, maybe most people simply don't upload to Facebook?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Martux
Registered Member
OS
Wah, it is solved. Here is what I found out. I had to disable KIPI access to FB for whatever reason and then re-grant it. Now it works again :)
danielandrei
Registered Member
OS
I had the same problem as you and I disabled the Safe browsing in Facebook (go to Settings and then Security), and then I shared the picture, right after you click share, keep your mouse pointer on the upper browsing box and right when the link appears select it fast!! (cause it will disappear) and copy it !!
You will have a huuuge link with capital letters and small letters and it ends with expires in=878879 something like this.

After you copied the link, paste it in the box in gwenview and then click Ok, now the connection is established.
Cadmio
Registered Member
I Found this other very useful solution on bugs.kde.org

karfiol 2013-06-17 09:22:28 UTC
I solved it on Kubuntu 13.04.
i enabled the javascript blocking addon (notscripts) in chrome for facebook, and when the token url appeared, it did not revert to https://www.facebook.com/connect/blank.html#_=_ because javascript foe facebook was blocked.
then just copied the tiken url, and voila!
before all that i removed the kipi plugin app in facebook apps

It's works Perfectly I temporarily deactivate the JavaScript and it did work!