This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't find calendar items!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xmanmonk
Registered Member
OS

Can't find calendar items!

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:53 am
Today, all of my task items and calendar items from my personal calendar disappeared rather suddenly from Kontact and all the other KDE office stuff. I just figured all was lost, and I was left to my sad little angry, cussing self.

But then, I noticed that the calendar attached to the clock still shows some of those items! Alas, is all not lost? Is that a light at the end of the tunnel, or an oncoming train?

Can someone please tell me where these things are stored and how I can recover them into my life? I would be much obliged. Enough to buy you a pint the next time we meet. Promise. And a good one, too. Not one of those nasty generic ones.

- X-Man
xmanmonk
Registered Member
OS

Re: Can't find calendar items!

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:09 am
Additional info. In system settings, personal information, I click on KDE Resources on the left. Under "Calendar" nothing is specified. Attempting to select a different resource results in the warning: "There is no valid standard resource. Please select one which is neither read-only nor inactive." Is there a file somewhere I should set this to?

If I open KOrganizer, go to Configure, then hit the Calendars tab under General, I select "Personal Calendar" and press modify. In the resultant dialog box, I entered the name of my vcalout.vcs backup (which is somewhat old -- I know, bad me!) with a display name of Personal Calendar. This didn't seem to work. It won't even show the backed up items.

- X-Man
xmanmonk
Registered Member
OS

Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:52 pm
OK, it seems strangely silent. I've always gotten lots of great helpful tips here fairly quickly, but no one has any idea what's going on with my calendar and todo list? Anyone at all?

- X-Man
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:01 am
It was silent probably because you posted this (again) in the wrong forum section. Please make sure you ask in Kontact & PIM, not in Office and Productivity.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
xmanmonk
Registered Member
OS

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:57 pm
Ah. So I did! Thanks for pointing that out. I think I later posted it there, but have since learned that the problem is simply one of incompatibility between versions that are shipped in my distro, and so I will be going to Evolution for all the office-related stuff anyway. Thank you, though! Musta been late at night or early in the morning :)

- X-Man