This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Akonadi_agent_1 taking more memory during startup

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
namus
Registered Member
OS
My laptop is running with Kubuntu (upgraded to 12.04 precise) .

Recently when my kubuntu boots up , akonadi_agent_1 takes all of memory from 1MB to several tens of MB
this is making my laptop so slow eventually.
This is witnessed in my laptop while running top command.(i am a linux developer)
My system is eventually heating upto max temperature.
I started to kill down the akonadi_agent_1 using "sudo kill -9 <pid> " then my pc works stable.
(Last Night while shutting down my pc & before shutting down , i manually pressed powerdown key: I assume this is the starting point of my problem
next day ..problems while booting ..issues such as "problem in creating /tmp .." or " mounting the drive for /tmp" something like that error occured )
After a long wait finally my pc booted & started showing the "akonadi_agent_1" behavior .

let me know how to fix it ?
or
let me how can I help you in debugging/solving this issue? any logs you need in determining the issue?
Restarting akonadi-server solves this problem ? let me how to restart this server ?
namus
Registered Member
OS
After few searches in internet , i found that "akonadictl stop " command will stop the "akonadi_agent_1" from consuming all memory,
this making my device stable , at a lower temperature.
"akonadi start " will create "akonadi_agent_1" which again starts consuming much memory
which can be seen thru "top" command.
Again invoking "akonadictl stop " command will stop the "akonadi_agent_1" .
It seems this behavior might be a potential for huge memory leak.
einar
Administrator
OS
What kind of Akonadi agent is it? You can find it by looking in the agent list of akonadiconsole.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python