This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Has ktimetracker been removed from Kontact?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
piedro
Registered Member
OS
Hi!

Ktimetracker has had issues before with it's integration into Kontact.
Now there is the new KDE 4.10 version, - I updated and would like to test this again but there seems to be no more Ktimetracker within Kontact ...

Is this only for me or has Kontact dropped the timetracking idea?

And is there any way I can reintegrate Ktimetracker in Kontact again?

thx for reading,
piedro
sergio.martins
KDE Developer
OS
It has been removed from kontact because it didn't work.

There are no plans to make it work and we need a maintainer.

KOrganizer maintainer and PIM developer
piedro
Registered Member
OS
Very sad! That was a very useful program ...

thx, p.
jessej
Registered Member
OS
KTimeTracker seems to be back in working and in KDE5. See https://userbase.kde.org/KTimeTracker. It seems to be now a standalone application, so no part of Kontact.
devnulljp
Registered Member
jessej wrote:KTimeTracker seems to be back in working and in KDE5. See https://userbase.kde.org/KTimeTracker. It seems to be now a standalone application, so no part of Kontact.
I've been using Charm since ktimetracker went dead, but it is buggy and often just wipes its history.
How do I get KTimeTracker back? It's not in any of the ubuntu repositories as far as I can see.
I downloaded the source from the link you posted ...but then what? The README isn't helpful.
Any ideas?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Yes it is in the Kubuntu sources, type Ktimetracker in the search box in the Applications section of Discover

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
devnulljp
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Yes it is in the Kubuntu sources, type Ktimetracker in the search box in the Applications section of Discover
Not in mine. Am I missing a repository? Tnx

Operating System: Kubuntu 20.10
KDE Plasma Version: 5.19.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.74.0
Qt Version: 5.14.2
Kernel Version: 5.8.0-55-generic
OS Type: 64-bit

EDIT: OK so upgraded to Kubuntu 21.04, and there it is in the repositories.
Thanks!

Charm is so unreliable. Glad to have this back.