This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

akonadi_davgroupware_resource collection grows to >1M items

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
demuth
Registered Member
OS
Hey,

first post here. Hello everyone.

[edit: I failed in using the "Guided Posting"-Thing, could you please move this thread to the appropriate forum? I think Kontact&PIM is correct", sorry for the mess... ]

I'm having a problem with my akonadi_davgroupware_resource (ownCloud)

The akonadi_davgroupware_resource starts blowing up my Calendar. At the moment, it increased the amount of calendar items from ~180 to 1.310.879 items, which creates a collection size of over 467,4 MiB.

When this happens, akonadiserver starts eating a lot of ram. ATM it is at 2.2 GB ram use, In addition it consumes 45% CPU.

when watching the output of "akonadictl restart" following happens:

Code: Select all
akonadictl restart
<snip>
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(7680)/akonadiserializer (calendar) Akonadi::SerializerPluginKCalCore::deserialize: Failed to parse incidence! Item id =  25668 Storage collection id  131 parentCollectionId =  -1310765
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(7680)/akonadiserializer (calendar) Akonadi::SerializerPluginKCalCore::deserialize: ""
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(7680)/libakonadi Akonadi::ItemSerializer::deserialize: Unable to deserialize payload part: "RFC822"
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(7680)/libakonadi Akonadi::ItemSerializer::deserialize: Payload data was:  ""
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(7680)/kdepimlibs (kcalcore): parse error ; string is empty? true
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(7680)/akonadiserializer (calendar) Akonadi::SerializerPluginKCalCore::deserialize: Failed to parse incidence! Item id =  25667 Storage collection id  131 parentCollectionId =  -1310766
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(7680)/akonadiserializer (calendar) Akonadi::SerializerPluginKCalCore::deserialize: ""
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(7680)/libakonadi Akonadi::ItemSerializer::deserialize: Unable to deserialize payload part: "RFC822"
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(7680)/libakonadi Akonadi::ItemSerializer::deserialize: Payload data was:  ""
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(7680)/kdepimlibs (kcalcore): parse error ; string is empty? true
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(7680)/akonadiserializer (calendar) Akonadi::SerializerPluginKCalCore::deserialize: Failed to parse incidence! Item id =  25666 Storage collection id  131 parentCollectionId =  -1310767
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(7680)/akonadiserializer (calendar) Akonadi::SerializerPluginKCalCore::deserialize: Failed to parse incidence! Item id =  25665 Storage collection id  131 parentCollectionId =  -1310768
<snip>

The first time this happened, I tried to delete the ownCloud Agent with "akonadi console" unfortunately, the corresponding folders for that agent where not deleted. My only hope to return to a clean state was a:
rm -rf ~/.local/share/akonadi ~/.config/akonadi ~/.kde/share/config/akonadi* ~/.kde/share/apps/akonadi*

After that I added all imap-agents and the ownCloud agent from scratch.

But now the problem appeared again, and I can't remove the davgroupware_resource
( Akonadi-Console > Browser > RightClick on Default Calender > Delete Folder : appears not to be working)

Any hints, how I could remove the broken resource and prevent it from breaking again?

BR
Dustin
google01103
Manager
moved to Kontact & PIM

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

einar
Administrator
OS
What version of KDE PIM are you using? I know there are some issues with the pwnCloud 5.0 - PIM interactions, some fixes have been landed for 4.10.2 and I also think that ownCloud made some adjustments.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
demuth
Registered Member
OS
I'm using 4.10.1-1

local/kdepim-akonadiconsole 4.10.1-1 (kde kdepim)
    Akonadi Management and Debugging Console
local/kdepim-console 4.10.1-1 (kde kdepim)
    Command line tool for accessing calendar files
local/kdepim-kaddressbook 4.10.1-1 (kde kdepim)
    Contact Manager
local/kdepim-kmail 4.10.1-1 (kde kdepim)
    Mail Client
local/kdepim-kontact 4.10.1-1 (kde kdepim)
    Personal Information Manager
local/kdepim-korganizer 4.10.1-1 (kde kdepim)
    Calendar and Scheduling Program
local/kdepim-kresources 4.10.1-1 (kde kdepim)
    KDE PIM resources
local/kdepim-libkdepim 4.10.1-1
    Library for KDE PIM
local/kdepim-runtime 4.10.1-1
    Extends the functionality of kdepim
local/kdepimlibs 4.10.1-1
    KDE PIM Libraries

[edit / update] The collection did grow again and consumes 934,7 MiB now... akonadi console shows >2.6M items. How can I delete that collection manually?
einar
Administrator
OS
What version of ownCloud are you using?

einar
Administrator
OS
I'm asking the KDEPIM developers about the issue. I'll let you know as soon as I get a response.

demuth
Registered Member
OS
einar wrote:What version of ownCloud are you using?

OC 5

I left my Computer running over the night, and akonadi kept doing stuff like this:

* 711651 FETCH (UID 711651 REV 0 REMOTEID "" MIMETYPE "application/x-vnd.akonadi.calendar.event" COLLECTIONID 131 SIZE 363 DATETIME "30-Mar-2013 13:13:14 +0000" FLAGS ())

In the same time, the file .xsession-errors did blow up to a Size of 61 GB, which filled my harddisk.

[Edit / Update:] The .xsession-errors file fills up with this stuff:
cat .xsession-errors| grep akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1

akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(1755)/akonadiserializer (calendar) Akonadi::SerializerPluginKCalCore::deserialize: Failed to parse incidence! Item id =  2643071 Storage collection id  131 parentCollectionId =  -4132
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(1755)/akonadiserializer (calendar) Akonadi::SerializerPluginKCalCore::deserialize: ""
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(1755)/libakonadi Akonadi::ItemSerializer::deserialize: Unable to deserialize payload part: "RFC822"
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(1755)/libakonadi Akonadi::ItemSerializer::deserialize: Payload data was:  ""
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(1755)/kdepimlibs (kcalcore): parse error ; string is empty? true
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(1755)/akonadiserializer (calendar) Akonadi::SerializerPluginKCalCore::deserialize: Failed to parse incidence! Item id =  2643070 Storage collection id  131 parentCollectionId =  -4133
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(1755)/akonadiserializer (calendar) Akonadi::SerializerPluginKCalCore::deserialize: ""
akonadi_davgroupware_resource_1(1755)/libakonadi Akonadi::ItemSerializer::deserialize: Unable to deserialize payload part: "RFC822"
einar
Administrator
OS
I *think* this is the issue I've read about on OC 5 <-> KDE PIM integration. It should be solved by 4.10.2, which will be out soon (around thursday).

demuth
Registered Member
OS
ok, I'll wait for the new release.

[EDIT / UPDATE: Updated to .2 , let's see if error still exists, meanwhile I could delete the old faulty resource. Patience did the trick. As there is no feedback that akonadi is still busy with deleting, I assumed that it has finished the last time and did shut down my machine. That seemed to have resulted in a very untidy state of the resource]
demuth
Registered Member
OS
After updating the strange behaviour didn't occur again. I'll treat this problem as solved.

Thanks for your help :)