This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KMail composer font size [SOLVED]

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Calgarian
Registered Member
OS

KMail composer font size [SOLVED]

Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:49 pm
I've used KDE in Kubuntu since 4.x. I just did a complete, clean install for 8.10. Cleaned out some of the cob webs in the corners of the file system. I've done 3 or 4 on-line upgrades in a row so it was time.

KDE4 will take some getting used to - teaching an old dog new tricks stuff, but so far it looks pretty good. Congratulations to the development crew. I do have a few pet peeves, but we'll leave that out for now.

So far the only real problem I haven't found a solution for is in KMail. I want to set the default font size in composer to a larger size, permanently. Old eyes you know. I can't find out how to do that. Changing Appearance -> Message Body doesn't work and the composer settings doesn't have a font change area. Does anyone know how to do this?

TIA

Sorry guys - I solved this and forgot to come back and mark it solved.

Last edited by Calgarian on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calgarian, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
rfb
Registered Member

RE: KMail composer font size

Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:14 pm
Calgarian wrote:I've used KDE in Kubuntu since 4.x. I just did a complete, clean install for 8.10. Cleaned out some of the cob webs in the corners of the file system. I've done 3 or 4 on-line upgrades in a row so it was time.

KDE4 will take some getting used to - teaching an old dog new tricks stuff, but so far it looks pretty good. Congratulations to the development crew. I do have a few pet peeves, but we'll leave that out for now.

So far the only real problem I haven't found a solution for is in KMail. I want to set the default font size in composer to a larger size, permanently. Old eyes you know. I can't find out how to do that. Changing Appearance -> Message Body doesn't work and the composer settings doesn't have a font change area. Does anyone know how to do this?

TIA

Make sure, the "Use Fixed Font" flag is turned off in your composer:

New Message --> View --> Use Fixed Font
sayakb
Administrator
OS

RE: KMail composer font size

Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:27 pm
In Kmail composer Settings -> Configure KMail -> Appearance
There, tick "Use custom fonts". From the "Apply to" drop menu, select "Composer" and set the font size.
Also, you have to enable View -> Use fixed font to make this permanent.