This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

SOLVED - KMAIL refuses to launch

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
toscalix
Registered Member
OS
I hit this bug in openSUSE Leap 42.3. Deleting the Trash folder and let Kmail recreate it fixed the issue, after pointing in my previous session a Trash folder from an account to a different Trash folder instead of the local one.
bigey
Registered Member
Deleting the trash folder and Kmail recreate it. This fix the problem
far
Registered Member

Re: SOLVED - KMAIL refuses to launch

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:25 am
I had a similar issue

Code: Select all
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Could not create collection outbox, resourceId 2"
org.kde.pim.mailcommon: "The Email program encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.\nThe error was:\nCould not create collection outbox, resourceId 2"

and further

Code: Select all
DATABASE ERROR:
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   Error code: "1062"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   DB error:  "Duplicate entry '2-outbox' for key 'CollectionTable_parentAndNameIndex'"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   Error text: "Duplicate entry '2-outbox' for key 'CollectionTable_parentAndNameIndex' QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement"

I was able to solve this by deleting the database record from the "collectiontable" using the Aconadi Console tool.

Procedure:
- Open aconadiconsole
- In the DB Browser tab select the "collectiontable" table and search for the entry
- Go to the DB Console tab and execute the query "DELETE FROM collectiontable WHERE id=YOUR_ID"
- Open KMail again. This will regenerate the database entry.
rafaellinuxuser
Registered Member
OS

Re: SOLVED - KMAIL refuses to launch

Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:20 am
epertinez wrote:In my case I renamed ~/.local/share/akonadi_maildir_resource_0/trash

Thank you!!! It worked like a charm!!!