This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Solved] KMail selection box

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Michael
Registered Member
OS

[Solved] KMail selection box

Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:04 pm
In KDE 3.x.x we had a nice box highlighting the folder where we drop the draged email, when hovering with the cursor over the folder. I found that very useful, because I got a visual confirmation that I am dropping the email into the good folder. I have a notebook with 1280x800, but the I miss the box sometimes this way.

Is it gone by design? It would be nice to have it back.

Just my observation.

Last edited by Michael on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct. / KaOS Linux user
msoeken
Mentor
OS

RE: KMail selection box

Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:13 pm
The folder view and the message view have been completely rewritten by a Google Summer of Code project. Your requested feature will be back again in KDE 4.2

[size=x-small]code | [url=cia.vc/stats/author/msoeken]cia.vc[/url] | [url=kde.org/support]donating KDE[/url] | [url=tinyurl.com/cto4ns]wishlist[/url][/size]
Michael
Registered Member
OS

RE: KMail selection box

Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:16 pm
msoeken wrote:The folder view and the message view have been completely rewritten by a Google Summer of Code project. Your requested feature will be back again in KDE 4.2

Thank you for the answer!

Great news, thanks.

Michael, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct. / KaOS Linux user
SeaJey
Registered Member
OS

RE: [Solved] KMail selection box

Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:43 pm
Michael wrote:In KDE 3.x.x we had a nice box highlighting the folder where we drop the draged email, when hovering with the cursor over the folder. I found that very useful, because I got a visual confirmation that I am dropping the email into the good folder. I have a notebook with 1280x800, but the I miss the box sometimes this way.

Is it gone by design? It would be nice to have it back.

Just my observation.

It works with Skulpture - another Qt4 style, so it looks like Oxygen issue.

Last edited by SeaJey on Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kubuntu 10.04 AMD64 - KDE 4.4
AMD - radeonHD - M-Audio revolution 5.1
msoeken
Mentor
OS

RE: [Solved] KMail selection box

Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:47 pm
The problem with the folder view in KDE 4.1.3 is that it was not ported to Qt4 and still uses the old Qt3 Support classes. But the new trees and lists are based on Qt4 only.

[size=x-small]code | [url=cia.vc/stats/author/msoeken]cia.vc[/url] | [url=kde.org/support]donating KDE[/url] | [url=tinyurl.com/cto4ns]wishlist[/url][/size]