This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Solved] kgpg and kmail problems

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
victorlf
Registered Member

[Solved] kgpg and kmail problems

Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:34 am
Hello. First of all I want to say that I have really looked around a lot and tried many "solutions" but none worked.

I have KDE 4.1.2 in a Gentoo GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.27, x86 and I use UTF-8 encoding.

I have many problems with gpg, kgpg and kmail, surely related, they are:

- When I generate a key pair in kgpg it doesn't ask me for a passphrasee (WTF!) and so later on I cannot use it nor change the passphrase.

- I can perfectly create key pairs with gpg, but then kgpg doesn't recognise the passphrase. Kmail doesn't recognise it either, and I wanted the keys for mail mostly.

I don't know if it is because gpg uses utf-8 and kgpg doesn't support it well, if the passphrase has weird characters: !?:... and that gives me problems,...

Also my name has accents (íó) and I had problems in the past with that, but many people have their keys with those characters!

Any help would be useful!

Last edited by victorlf on Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
victorlf
Registered Member
Finally I discovered what I had done wrong. I realized that I was never asked for a passphrase graphically, so I checked pinentry.

I saw then that pinentry doesn't support qt4, ant I didn't have qt3, so I could only use it in an ncurses interface. After some time surviving only with qt4 I have installed qt3, reinstalled pinentry and have everything working now.