This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Loading time is slow when using external ssd nvme

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zibaldonbranch
Registered Member
Hi,

for security issues I decided to move all kleopatra keys folder inside a an external ssn encrypted with veracrypt. All works fine except that the loading time the first time I open is slow (like 30 second 1 minutes) than if i close the program and start again is like 1 second, so I think is taking something to the RAM.

Is there a way I can tweak nad allow to loading time as fast as would be inside my pc? The internal and external ssd are the same, but the external has usb3 so of course not as fast as nvme.
bubaalex
Registered Member
zibaldonbranch wrote:Hi,

for security issues I decided to move all kleopatra keys folder inside a an external ssn encrypted with veracrypt. All works fine except that the loading time the first time I open is slow (like 30 second 1 minutes) than if i close the program and start again is like 1 second, so I think is taking something to the RAM.

Is there a way I can tweak nad allow to loading time as fast as would be inside my pc? The internal and external ssd are the same, but the external has usb3 so of course not as fast as nvme.

It depends on your machine. I use an Intel NUC, it has several port types, including USB-C and even faster ports like Thunderbolt.
Inserting your ssd card with a proper adaptor into Thunderbolt port will improve a lot your starting speed.

In addition, there are out there many types of SSD cards, the cost is a factor.

Cheers, hope this helps