This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Unable to Send Email - How to configure and use KMail ?

Tags: send send send
(comma "," separated)
jodumont
Registered Member
Hi;

I love the integration of KMail, Kontact, Kalendar and ... into KDE but I always end using Thunderbird because I have several issue I can't figure with KMail.

While I'm able to move and delete mail around, I'm unable to Send Email

1. I have multiple account with multiple identity but I'm unable to choose from which email I send, so it seams to always/only try to send from the default account.
2. I'm unable to send email, in some how it stuck in the outbox (even after showing a popup saying Message Sent), which I would like to bypass anyway and the "sent email" never end in the Sent folder.
3. Like most of us, the IP of my home connection is blacklisted, which some servers says I reach a ratelimit while this never happen with Thunderbird.

Here how I configure my account

1. Goto Configure KMail, than under Accounts I choose Receiving to Add Mail Account
After this step, KMail Retrieve my mail without any issue from my differents accounts (Google, IMAP and Office365)
2.1. In Advanced I configure the Trash Folder
2.2. and disable Use default Identity to choose the one related to the account
2.3. than configure the Archive Folder
3. In Sending I'm valid the connection of each smtp account with AutoDetect located in Advanced
4. Then under Identity, I configure the Sent-mail and Draft folder to point to the proper server (IMAP)

So what is wrong with my config ?
Does someone have an idea ?
denis_q
Registered Member
Seems that nobody have an idea, so, I just post today to bring this topic up because I have the same problem.
richarson
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

To set a different outgoing transport you have to do it per identity.

Edit the identty you want to modify, go to the "Advanced" tab and there you'll find a checkbox that will enable a dropdown where you can select an outgoing account.

HTH.
elizabethbower
Registered Member
I've been using KMail as well, but have run into a few problems. I couldn't send email from multiple accounts and ran into the problem that sent emails don't end up in the Sent folder. Also, like you, I am having problems with blacklisting my home connection IP address. I too have tried setting up an account in KMail using the "Accounts", "Receive" and "Send" sections. I also tried setting up the "Sent" folder under "Identity" but to no avail. I think the problems may be due to a glitch in the KMail software. It may be worth considering other email programs, such as Thunderbird, which works reliably and without glitches. In addition, I would recommend checking out the latest news from the cryptocurrency world. Recently, the founder of the exchange Bitzlato pleaded guilty to some violations and expressed his intention to settle with the law. This may affect the future of cryptocurrency exchanges and the attitude of cryptocurrencies in general.