This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot see text in addressbook

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jcanino
Registered Member

Cannot see text in addressbook

Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:25 pm
Hello. Please excuse me if this topic has been posted before. I tried searching it, but did not see what I was looking for.

DIstro: Fedora 34 (64 bit)
Kernel: 5.13.13-200.fc34.x86_64 x86_64
Desktop: Cinnamon 5.0.5 - Dark Theme
Kontact Version: 5.16.2

I am more than happy to provide any additional information if required.

I have just [re-]installed Kontact after having not used it for a while, but would like to make it my primary PIM once again because of its multi-app integration. I am currently having a BIG problem with the address book. I can see everything just fine when ENTERING or EDITING an entry, but most of the text when displaying an entry is unreadable: The main body of the contact screen is white with mostly light gray text on it, even though I use a dark screen. Kontact seems to "respect" the dark theme in almost all other modules of the app - summary, calendar, etc., all display just fine. Having said that, my biggest reason for wanting to re-install the program is for contact management, so I really need to be able to see the info!

I suspect that there is an easy-to-execute solution already out there, but apparently I am not using the correct search criteria to get to it.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.