This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

What's the correct way to create a new akonadi db?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
radoeka
Registered Member
I recently received a mariadb update that breaks my akonadi/kmail setting (openSUSE-15.3). I was able to revert the update, and I'm now running at the previous version.

In the meantime I learned that I can fix the issue by recreating the akonadi database (mysql-dump + read in the SQL lines in the updated mariadb engine).

I just wonder what's the correct way to obtain the the akonadi database. I hope that somebody can give directions for this.

The following:
Code: Select all
mysql_install_db --defaults-file=~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf --datadir=/var/tmp/mariadb/joe/db_data

Gives me a DB engine, with only the information_schema database.

In an original akonadi database, there are also the mysql and performance_schema databases.

In short I expect this:
MariaDB [(none)]> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| akonadi            |
| information_schema |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
+--------------------+

But I get only
MariaDB [(none)]> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
+--------------------+

Akonadi is of course missing, that is a database to import. But how or when do the other 2 (mysql and performance_schema) appear?

Does anyone know? ???

Some more details at the https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/559293-Just-updated-mariadb-from-10-5-11-to-10-5-12-this-broke-akonadi-and-so-no-email
radoeka
Registered Member
radoeka wrote:But how or when do the other 2 (mysql and performance_schema) appear?

Are these 2 tables actually needed? If not, it's fine with me to create only the akonadi database.