This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kmail: Import contacts from Thunderbird CSV exported file

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rafaellinuxuser
Registered Member
OS
I imported from Thunderbird all: Messages, servers configuration and contacts. However, contacts from imported doesn't appear after import.

Then I opened Thunderbird , then "Tools, Address book, Tools, Export" and exported contacts to a CSV file.

In KMail, I open "Tools, Address book, Import" and then select the previously exported CSV file. Enable "Comma" (CSV) and then, columns in below grid show as each row content, the name of the original fields from Thundebird address book. Seriously? I click then in "Omit first line of file" but, it doesn't solve issue: KMail is not able to to associate each contact data field with their own contacts data fields.

Although both KMail and Thunderbird are open source projects and use such a common file format as CSV, yet how is it possible that there is no option in KMail to import from a Thunderbird CSV file that simply distinguishes or allows the user to specify that the CSV file is from Thunderbird and thereafter associates each column of each contact's original data field with the respective fields that KMail uses? Am I forgetting to do something or install some add-on for KMail?

Thanks