This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Akonadi issue in kMail

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zebulon
Registered Member
OS

Akonadi issue in kMail  Topic is solved

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:22 pm
When checking for new mail I get a pop-up
Code: Select all
POP3 Account
Unable to store downloaded mails.

Cannot append item into virtual collection

I have tried getting akonadi to create a new database by renaming db_data and as that didn't work also db_misc, search_db and file_db_data, but I keep getting the same problem. I also tried this proposed workaround but with no success. Any ideas?
zebulon
Registered Member
OS

Re: Akonadi issue in kMail

Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:01 pm
After making it worse, I finally solved it. This resource helped (do not remove ~/.config). Unfortunately, akonadi now created a different, empty mail directory called local-mail. Then I made the mistake of using the akonadi console, which created yet another local mail directory starting with "file:/home/". I managed to solve it by providing the proper path in ~/.config/akonadi_maildir_resource_0rc.

If ever akonadi created new versions of the local mail directory, akonadi_maildir_resource_1, akonadi_maildir_resource_2, etc..., replace and/or remove them from ~/.local/specialmailcollectionsrc and ~/local/foldermailarchiverc. Reset the counter to zero in .config/akonadi/agentsrc.