This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Korganizer-Kmail interaction not working anymore

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rexi80
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

since one of the last updates the kmail-korganizer interaction is not working anymore.

The symptoms are:

when receiving an email with a meeting invite the content of the email is displayed as plain text. E.G.:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:REQUEST
PRODID:Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE

All buttons (e.g. "add to calendar") previously displayed above the email have disappeared. Further the small side bar beside the email shows in horizontal letters "calendar message". Pressing on that bar changes the layout to "plain message" and then to "html message" ........... but it is not possible to return to "calendar message". Therefore adding the invite to Calendar is not possible any longer.

Further, in Korganizer it is not possible any longer to see an event preview in the "Item viewer". Clicking on an event in the overview eventually opens an "edit" window, but no preview in the "Item viewer" ever comes up.

I can't tell which update induced the above as I became aware with receiving a meeting invite email, but I think it broke fairly recently.

Any ideas?

Plasma version: 5.24.4
Kontact version: 5.20.0
heldenhammer
Registered Member
Confirmed here, Tumbleweed version.
Seems completely broken since update of 25/04 or 26/04

In addition of what is said in the previous post, Korganizer does not launch anymore in the background and is not available also in the system tray.
sstaeglich
Registered Member
I can confirm the bug too.

EDIT: It's fixed in 22.04.1

EDIT2: Hotfix for KDE neon:
Code: Select all
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/KTextTemplate/kcalendar_grantlee_plugin.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/grantlee/5.2/