This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Sync stuck on "Adding item in Sent Mail"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sez11a
Registered Member
I am a KMail user using several accounts. One of them is GMail with an app password so I can use regular IMAP with it. On this account, I keep running into a problem where the status bar continually shows activity with the message "Adding Item in Sent Mail." When this happens, all syncing stops. I get no new emails in KMail, even though new emails keep getting delivered to the account.

In web searches, the only solution I can find is to blow away the akonadi folder inside ~/.local, but I have a ton of filters. Every time I do that, I have to go back into each filter and set the folder into which I want mail sorted. Is there any way I can avoid this? Alternatively, is there a text file somewhere under ~/.config or ~/.local where the filters are configured? Then I can just add the folder for each filter with a text editor, which is much simpler than clicking through all the dialog boxes over and over.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
groszdani
Registered Member
OS
I run into this recently. It was fixed by deleting the e-mail it was stuck on from the Sent Mail folder (the last e-mail I sent, one with relatively large attachments). Restarting akonadi (
Code: Select all
akonadictl restart
or just reboot) may have be required afterwards for it to start working, I'm not sure.