This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Too small fonts when creating kmail mails

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
brotherj
Registered Member
OS
Hello, everyone,
i am using KMail version 5.15.3 on a Debian 11 Linux. For some time now I've had an annoying setting when writing HTML emails:
The first line is always formatted extremely small (0.75em) compared to the following lines. And the font "Noto Sans" with font size "9" is always set as the default font. So I definitely have to reset my preferred font, e.g. "Liberation Sans" and the font size, with every new HTML mail or when I reply.

Where can I definitely set this in Kmail without having to do it manually for every mail?

Many greetings

BrotherJ
thebluequasar
Registered Member
OS
Hello,
The fonts KMail uses can be configured from the KMail settings, under “Appearance” and in the “Fonts” tab. Could that be what you're looking for?
I actually don't know what format emails are written in, so I assumed an HTML email is just a regular email. So pardon me if I'm wrong, and the settings
I mentioned don't work for what you want.
brotherj
Registered Member
OS
thebluequasar wrote:Hello,
The fonts KMail uses can be configured from the KMail settings, under “Appearance” and in the “Fonts” tab. Could that be what you're looking for?

I already know that. So I'm not looking for that.
I have already described the problem above. If you select "Edit in rich text" from the Options menu, you will see "Basic font" etc. in the bar on the right. "Noto Sans" with a font size of "9" is always set here for the basic font. It would already help me if a different font and, above all, at least the font size "11" were set by default. The settings don't give anything about that.
thebluequasar
Registered Member
OS
My last reply wasn't clear enough. I meant from the KMail main window (not new message window) > Settings > Configure KMail > Appearance > Fonts, and then check “use custom fonts”. You can then choose the font you want to use for "Composer" and that will be applied to **every mail you compose by default**.
brotherj
Registered Member
OS
Oh yes, you had already made yourself clear. And I haven't just been using Kmail since yesterday, I've been using it for a very, very long time. I know the menu item "Settings" in the Kmail main window and under it "Set up Kmail". I also know the “Appearance” menu item and the “Fonts” tab with the “Custom fonts” option selected – this has been marked for years.
Here's "Apply to: Message Body" where I've always selected "Liberation Sans" with "Regular" and "11.0".
But that seems to have no effect, because in the message editor window (rich text, i.e. HTML is active) is on the right in the menu bar
Basic font, none, "Noto Sans", 9
to see.
I don't have the Noto Sans font set anywhere in kmail. So where does that come from? Especially the font size? Set are Liberation Sans" with "Regular" and "11.0" in the settings.

And it wasn't always like that. This error only occurs after a system upgrade from Debian 10 to Debian 11.

I hope I was precise enough this time to get what I mean.
thebluequasar
Registered Member
OS
I'm sorry I was pointing to a solution that was too obvious to you. You didn't mention you were a long time user of KMail, but I think I should've guessed you were an advanced user. I hope someone with more knowledge about this issue could help you.