This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Tasks and times spend disappeared in ktimetracker

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
funkaddigged
Registered Member
Hi there,

I have been using ktimetracker for a couple of weeks on Archlinux. After yesterdays system updates, all my times and entries saved in the application have disappeared. Until yesterday every time I started the application, the tasks and times were just there.
I dunno, where they went. Is there a possibility to restore tasks and times spend on them?

Thank you.
hech
Registered Member
Same here, also ARCH and ktimetracker 5.0.1

entering KTimeTrackerWidget::slotCurrentChanged
parse error from icalcomponent_new_from_string. string= "BEGIN:VCALENDAR\r\nPRODID:-//K Desktop Environment//NONSGML libkcal 4.3//EN\r\nVERSION:2.0\r\nX-KDE-ICAL-IMPLEMENTATION-VERSION:1.0\r\nBEGIN:VTIMEZONE\r\nTZID:Europe/Copenhagen\r\nBEGIN:DAYLIGHT\r\nTZNAME:CEST\r\nTZOFFSETFROM:+0000\.........

load error: unable to open "file:///home/x/.local/share/ktimetracker/ktimetracker.ics"
FileCalendar::reload: problem loading calendar
entering KTimeTrackerWidget::slotCurrentChanged
richarson
Registered Member
OS
Hmm, it might be a more general problem as I have a similar error from akonadi when I restart it, but it complains about an error parsing /home/richis/.local/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics.

I tried backups of that file from up to 6 months ago and it still complains (and it only started recently) so it's not that my file got corrupted.

This is what I get in the terminal:
Code: Select all
parse error from icalcomponent_new_from_string. string= "BEGIN:VCALENDAR\r\nPRODID:-//K Desktop Environment...  ##  Loooong line with the full content of my .ics file
kf.calendarcore: "/home/richis/.local/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics"  is not a valid iCalendar file
kf.calendarcore: Error parsing vCalendar file: syntax error at line 108
kf.calendarcore: Error parsing vCalendar file: pop on empty Object Stack at line 108
kf.calendarcore: "/home/richis/.local/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics"  is not a valid vCalendar file.  exception code  7
akonadi_ical_resource: Error loading file  "/home/richis/.local/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics"
"Could not read file '/home/richis/.local/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics'"

Please let me know if you file/find a bug report.

Otherwise I'll try to make some time to open one and report back here.

Edited to add info about my system:

Operating System: Slackware 15.0 (-current)
KDE Plasma Version: 5.26.0
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.99.0
Qt Version: 5.15.6
Kernel Version: 5.19.16 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
richarson
Registered Member
OS
I went ahead and submited a new bug, since I couldn't find an open one about this:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=460592
hech
Registered Member
richarson wrote:I went ahead and submited a new bug, since I couldn't find an open one about this:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=460592

Thank you :)
hech
Registered Member
on arch, ktimetracker works again with the new libical 3.0.15-2 :)
3.0.16-1... Sorry about the wrong old version number :<

Last edited by hech on Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
richarson
Registered Member
OS
Yes, a patched libical or an update to 3.0.16 fixes the issue.