This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kTimeTracker: Import Tasks/ToDos from Nextcloud CalDAV

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
peerpeter
Registered Member
I use korganizer on some different Nextcloud instances, where I use its calendar as well as its deck/kanban board heavily. Korganizer synchronizes the appointments as well as the tasks perfectly - I love to use it ^-^

Since korganizer is perfectly synchronizing with the remote CalDAV resources, I wonder, if it might be possible for kTimeTracker, to synchronize the tasks as well.

I would like to create and organize tasks in the deck-app of nextcloud (mobile/desktop) and then to select some of these tasks in kTaskTimer, to be able to post time to them.

Technical aspects:
I see, that kTaskTimer is organized as a ical resource, which provides the an self defined uid of a task (=VTODO) and then creates VEVENTS, that refer to this uid. In the vevents, kTimeTracker accumulates the periods, used for the task and at the end, they are summarized.

Idea
To create a selection table of the tasks of the the nextcloud ressources, that are already registered by korganizer, and to include/syncronize them into/with the ical-ressource, that is already used by kTimeTracker might be possible, or?

Since i see a more and more wide spread usage of nextcloud, I would assume, that there might be many users, who would appreciate such a solution.

Kind regards,

Peer
richarson
Registered Member
OS
Hi, have you checked if Kalendar supports what you want?

https://apps.kde.org/kalendar/

It's a very active project with momentum, it might be worth a shot.
And if it doesn't support it, maybe the developers will be willing to implement it.

Cheers!