This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Multiple Kolab Servers in Kontact under KDE 4.1.3 (Gentoo)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jayk
Registered Member
Under the KDE 3.5 series, I had Kontact configured to connect to 2 different kolab servers and it worked quite well. In KDE 4.1.3, I am having trouble however.

In Kontact under KDE 3.5.x, when you looked under Calendar, it would show the Kolab resources as the domain, then the calendar, tasks and journal as sub-resources under each of the 2 domains. When saving a calendar item, contact, etc., it would prompt for which resource to save under in the form domain/calendar, etc.

In Kontact under KDE 4.1.3, when you look under Calendar, it shows only 1 top level resource as "Kolab Server" with 2 each of My Calendar, My Tasks and My Journal under it. Each sub-resource is assigned a different colour, but it doesn't indicate to which domain the sub-resource belongs. When saving a calendar item, it prompts for the resource, but it only lists My Calendar once.

I'm hoping someone else here has run into this and may have a workaround for me. I've been through the config files in the .kde4 directory and I haven't been able to come up with a solution.

I'm running KDE 4.1.3 on Gentoo Linux.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jason