This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Kontact Contacts and Calendar integration

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
NickElliott
Registered Member
OS
When I add birthday's and anniversaries in Contacts I would like them to appear in the Calendar and have set reminders. At the moment nothing happens.

Now I think that in order to do this a resource has to be added in Calendar however when I go to Calendar and select Settings..Sidebar...Show Resource View nothing happens (while I'm at it the Date Navigator doesn't display either - another gripe).

Can anyone explain a) how to display the Resource view in Calendar or b) how I can add a resource to Calendar without the Resource view and c) assuming I've added whatever resource it is I need to add how I configure it to show birthday's/anniversaries etc. in my Calendar?

Thanks

Last edited by bcooksley on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

NickElliott, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
TeaAge
Alumni
OS
b)
Go to the KDE Systemsetting and then to the next tab and than "KDE Ressources".
There you can add a new resource for birthdays.

a) Go to the calender. On the left side of the calender should be two dotted lines to resize the panels.
If you move the right line, the calender overview and the ressources should be appear.

Regards,
TeaAge

TeaAge, very proud KDE 4 User and to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
toad
Global Moderator
OS
Thanks a ton, TeaAge! The description was somewhat cryptic so here again:

System Settings - advanced tab - KDE resources - selected Calendar from the drop down menu - add - birthdays from kaddressbook

@ NickElliot
Could you please mark this thread as solved so that people searching for this problem know - ta.

Debian testing
NickElliott
Registered Member
OS
All I had to do was ask!

Thank you for your help.

NickElliott, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Marking SOLVED...

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]