This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

how to uninstall akonadi installed from svn trunk?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
farhad_hf
Registered Member
OS
Hi there
I have problems with akonadi in kde SVN trunk. now I want to uninstall akonadi , but make uninstall doesn't work, and in the output of "make help" there is no uninstall rule. (I tried in kdesupport/akonadi , KDE/kdepimlib/akonadi , KDE/kdepimlibs/akonadi and in both build and src directories.)
so if the uninstall rule is not supported with make command how can I uninstall akonadi? :undecided:

makeobj[0]: Entering directory `/home/farhad/kde/build/KDE/kdepim/akonadi'
make: *** No rule to make target `unisntall'. Stop.
makeobj[0]: Leaving directory `/home/farhad/kde/build/KDE/kdepim/akonadi'

--------
sorry for my poor English :P

Last edited by neversfelde on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farhad_hf, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
anda_skoa
KDE Developer
OS
It seems that only the top level build directories support make uninstall.

Make sense for kdepimlibs since it either is there or is not, but should probably be supported for stuff in kdesupport.
(Maybe does already work for stuff in kdesupport if one uses individial build directories)

Cheers,
_

anda_skoa, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
farhad_hf
Registered Member
OS
tnx for replay ,
I uninstalled kdepim and kdepimlibs but kdesupport gives me this error :

farhad@debian:~/kde/build/kdesupport$ make uninstall
makeobj[0]: Entering directory `/home/farhad/kde/build/kdesupport'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `strigi/CMakeFiles/uninstall.dir/depend'. Stop.
make[2]: *** [strigi/CMakeFiles/uninstall.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [strigi/CMakeFiles/uninstall.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [uninstall] Error 2
makeobj[0]: Leaving directory `/home/farhad/kde/build/kdesupport'

after uninstalling I installed kdepimlibs without akonadi , but i can't install kdepim without akonadi , it seems kmail is dependent on akonadi , what can i do for uninstalling kdesupport and installing kdepim without akonadi?

Last edited by farhad_hf on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farhad_hf, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
JontheEchinda
KDE Developer
OS
In your original post you misspelled uninstall according to the CMake output you posted. (Spelling it as "unisntall")
Maybe that's the problem?

JontheEchinda, proud to be a member of the Kubuntu team since July 2008.
anda_skoa
KDE Developer
OS
If you want to build kdepim trunk from sources, you'll likely need kdelibs and kdepimlibs from trunk as well.

During develoment in trunk features are added to the libs and applications then start to depend on them.
Sometimes this new features can be deactivated at build time, but at some point, usually close to a freeze, this is removed in order to get the new code built and tested by as much people as possible.

There are projects that offer daily builds of trunk so application developers don't necessarily have to build all libs themselves, e.g. Project Neon http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started ... ute_to_KDE

However, unless you are working on the libs themselves or on your own application, installing the devel packages of the latest release will usually be sufficient.

Cheers,
_

anda_skoa, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.