This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[solved]crash with kmail 4.1.4

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
patoux
Registered Member
OS

[solved]crash with kmail 4.1.4

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:50 pm
Hi,
I'm using kde 4 on a debian testing. After updating from kde 4.1.3 to kde 4.1.4 yesterday, I get kmail crashes. The crashes append when I click on a mail to read it (only one some mails but always the same. If I relaunch kmail and retry to read the same mail, it recrash)

Here is the trace
Code: Select all
$ kmail
kmail(10199) KWallet::Wallet::openWallet: Pass a valid window to KWallet::Wallet::openWallet().
kmail(10199) KWallet::Wallet::openWallet: Pass a valid window to KWallet::Wallet::openWallet().
kmail(10199) ::UrlHandler::UrlHandler: UrlHandler() (iCalendar) 
QGpgMEProgressTokenMapper::map( "-&34" 63 )                                                     
QGpgMEProgressTokenMapper::map( "-&34" 63 )                                                     
QGpgMEProgressTokenMapper::map( "-" 63 )                                                       
QGpgMEProgressTokenMapper::map( "-" 63 )                                                       
kmail(10199) Kleo::_detail::ThreadedJobMixin::slotFinished:                   
kmail(10199) Kleo::_detail::ThreadedJobMixin::doEmitResult:                   
kmail(10199) Kleo::_detail::ThreadedJobMixin::slotFinished: end               
kmail: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgpgme++-pthread.so.2: symbol gpgme_cancel_async, version GPGME_1.1 not defined in file libgpgme-pthread.so.11 with link time reference

The two first lines are printed when launching, the other when crashing.

Thank you for helping
(Of course I tried gg. It doesn't seems to be aware of such a problem)

Last edited by patoux on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: crash with kmail 4.1.4

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:42 pm
Your libgpgme package may need updating. Does a DrKonqui crash window appear? If it does, try clicking the "Show Details" and send the backtrace to the repository developers.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
patoux
Registered Member
OS

RE: crash with kmail 4.1.4

Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:07 am
Thank your for your answer. Upgrading libgpgme from 1.1.6 to 1.1.8 solved my problem.
(I had no crash windows)
Lori
Registered Member

RE: [solved]crash with kmail 4.1.4

Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:57 pm
Hi all, I'm using KDE 4 on Gentoo. I also experience constant crashes of Kmail after upgrading from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4. First I deleted all my mail related configuration files and reconfigured from scratch, but my problem is still not solved. The KDE crash handler gives me this:

Code: Select all
Application: KMail (kmail), signal SIGSEGV
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

Thread 1 (Thread 0xb45596d0 (LWP 1413)):
#0  0xb7faa424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xb4c36900 in nanosleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0xb4c3674b in sleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
#3  0xb5ce7def in ?? () from /usr/lib/libkdeui.so.5

Any hints?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:57 am
@Lori: you will probably recieve better attention for your issue if you post a new thread. Either way that Backtrace is useless because of the lack of debugging symbols. Please install the appropriate Debug packages.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Lori
Registered Member

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:12 am
bcooksley wrote:@Lori: you will probably recieve better attention for your issue if you post a new thread. Either way that Backtrace is useless because of the lack of debugging symbols. Please install the appropriate Debug packages.

Thanks for the reply... I use Gentoo, so I recompiled KMail with the debug USE flag set, but it seems all involved libraries should be compiled with debug support and I prefer not to do that. In a few days 4.2.0 will be out, hopefully my issue will be gone (fingers crossed).