This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KMail removes empty lines in HTML mode

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Nicco
Registered Member
I write e-mails in HTML mode in KMail, but this mode always removes empty lines when an e-mail is sent out of KMail.
If I use plain text mode, empty lines are there as I had typen them before.
Is there a way to dissable it?
Version 1.10.1

Nicco, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
dimsuz
KDE Developer
OS
I guess this is a bug. I'd suggest you to report it on http://bugs.kde.org

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
(c) Lewis Carroll
Gumper
Registered Member
I've been having the same problem. The only way that I know how to work around it is to enter a space with the spacebar in the line where you want the empty line.

Does anyone know how to correct this for good?

Gumper, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Nicco
Registered Member
Yes, the spacebar works, but it is just workaround.
Together with my other post about HTML in reply messages it leads into my decision to migrate to Thunderbird. HTML there is just perfect.
On the other hand, Thunderbird has problem to understand MS Exchange's calendar.

Evolution is fine if you have Exchande 2003.

And Zimbre? Fabulous e-mail client with one horrible disadvantage - it runs as java webpahe on your local machine.

Gumper wrote:I've been having the same problem. The only way that I know how to work around it is to enter a space with the spacebar in the line where you want the empty line.

Does anyone know how to correct this for good?

Nicco, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.