This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

impossible to edit a contact in Kontact

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ifontaine
Registered Member
Hi!
I'm in serious trouble.

I can't open or modify any contact in Kontact. I uninstalled Kontact and Korganizer but nothing works. How could I solved this problem or completely reset Kontact and Korganizer so that I can start anew.

Thanks for help!
sk8glad
Registered Member
OS
What version of KDE are you running ? I can't say I have that problem on KDE 4.1.2. Nevertheless, you can nuke your settings by going into your KDE settings directory :
cd ~/.kde/share/apps/

or depending on your distro and version of KDE :
cd ~/.kde4/share/apps/

and then you delete your kontact folder(s) there.
And then go into :
cd ~/.kde4/share/config/

and delete anything related to kontact : rm kontact*
You should then have a brand new kontact. Do the same for korganizer. If your problem is a bug though, deleting your settings might not change anything. Also, you might have to nuke the settings of other PIM apps (like kmail). You just need to follow the same method. Sorry I can't help more.

sk8glad, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
ifontaine
Registered Member
sk8glad wrote:What version of KDE are you running ? I can't say I have that problem on KDE 4.1.2. Nevertheless, you can nuke your settings by going into your KDE settings directory :
cd ~/.kde/share/apps/

or depending on your distro and version of KDE :
cd ~/.kde4/share/apps/

and then you delete your kontact folder(s) there.
And then go into :
cd ~/.kde4/share/config/

and delete anything related to kontact : rm kontact*
You should then have a brand new kontact. Do the same for korganizer. If your problem is a bug though, deleting your settings might not change anything. Also, you might have to nuke the settings of other PIM apps (like kmail). You just need to follow the same method. Sorry I can't help more.

Thanks for your help! But I did these things and it didnt work. I have kubuntu 8.10 with KDE3. Meanwhile I reinstalled Kubuntu in order have Kontact working properly. Everything works fine now.
Blizzz
Registered Member
OS
How did you get KDE 3 on your Kubuntu 8.10 installation? Since Kubuntu won't ship KDE 3 with 8.10.

ifontaine
Registered Member
Blizzz wrote:How did you get KDE 3 on your Kubuntu 8.10 installation? Since Kubuntu won't ship KDE 3 with 8.10.

:-S Oups... I have Kubuntu 8.04.... Sorry !!!
Blizzz
Registered Member
OS
Did you delete (or moved) kadressbook-files as well? Kontactjust integrates single applications into one, they still use their one config and data files.