This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kontact will always automatically start up at login

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hermes14
Registered Member
OS
Every time I log into KDE, Kontact starts up showing contacts tab, and popping up the Akonadi server self-test window, which reports that a previous server error log was found. No matter if I start a blank session, or if I add it to the exclude list: it will always start. Autostart directories are empty. To be honest, ./config/autostart has krunner.desktop and plasma-desktop.desktop files in it, but it looks like they're not relevant to this issue.
This happens since I played around with an LDAP address book, if I remember correctly. Anyway, deleting the LDAP address book doesn't solve the problem.

I'm stuck, since I don't know where else to look to find out why Kontact wants so stubbornly draw my attention, so any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Kryten2X4B
Registered Member
OS
The following worked for me when I wanted to avoid Kontact from starting automatically.

I use the exclude from session method, but for some reason it is not sufficient to just give the binary name: you need to give the full path like:

/usr/bin/kontact

OpenSUSE 11.4, 64-bit with KDE 4.6.4
Proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Also, verify that other automatically started processes don't need Kontact ( such as KOrganizer Notification Daemon )

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
hermes14
Registered Member
OS
Nope, even with /usr/bin/kontact it starts anyway :(
Also, KOrganizer Notification Daemon - or other daemons that may start a kontact instance - isn't in my startup daemons, nor in load-on-demand ones. Perhaps I'm missing something, so this is the list of my startup daemons:
- Keyboard daemon
- Power management
- DNS-SD
- Removable device automounter
- Nepomuk search module
- Activity manager
- obexftp
- Input actions
- Status notifier manager
- Time zone
- Drive ejector
- BlueDevil
- Free space notifier
- NetworkManager User setting service
- Network status
- Remote URL change notifier
- Display management change monitor

Hope this helps.
hermes14
Registered Member
OS
Ok, I managed to disable it by disabling KOrganizer Notification Daemon from the system tray.
Thanks!