This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KMail doesn't send email

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hlavki
Registered Member
OS

KMail doesn't send email

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:49 am
Hi, I have opensuse 11.4 with latest KDE 4.7.2, but kmail does not send emails. All sent emails stay in outbox local folder.

thanks, miso
mkkot
Registered Member

Re: KMail doesn't send email

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:42 pm
Hello, it works for me. Do you see any error message? What progress bar says? Do you have smtp configured properly? Maybe you do use imap? More details please.
hlavki
Registered Member
OS

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:42 am
ok, after recreating smtp outgoing email accounts it works!

thanks, m.
pwabrahams
Registered Member
OS
I now have this same problem -- outbox not being emptied. I've checked my sending configuration under Accounts and can find nothing wrong with it. This worked yesterday, but my mail got all messed up since then. I can understand why I have problems with incoming mail, but not why I have problems with outgoing mail. I get no error messages when I click "send queued messages".
paulsscott
Registered Member
OS
pwabrahams wrote:I now have this same problem -- outbox not being emptied. I've checked my sending configuration under Accounts and can find nothing wrong with it. This worked yesterday, but my mail got all messed up since then. I can understand why I have problems with incoming mail, but not why I have problems with outgoing mail. I get no error messages when I click "send queued messages".

Ditto - this was working yesterday for me! Now it doesn't. I removed the SMTP connection and recreated to no avail.
paulsscott
Registered Member
OS
paulsscott wrote:
pwabrahams wrote:I now have this same problem -- outbox not being emptied. I've checked my sending configuration under Accounts and can find nothing wrong with it. This worked yesterday, but my mail got all messed up since then. I can understand why I have problems with incoming mail, but not why I have problems with outgoing mail. I get no error messages when I click "send queued messages".

Ditto - this was working yesterday for me! Now it doesn't. I removed the SMTP connection and recreated to no avail.

Found a solution. Opened the Akonadi Debug Console (akonadiconsole) and noticed that the Mail Dispatcher Agent was offline. No idea why it was offline. I toggled it back online and the message was sent....

Cheers,
Paul.
stevellion
Registered Member

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:25 am
Yep - this solution worked for me too, installed akonadiconsole and found the mail dispatcher agent was offline. I toggled it online and mail started working.

What's scary though is why this was offline to with and how would anyone other than an experienced techie find this.
DaveQB
Registered Member
OS
paulsscott wrote:
paulsscott wrote:Ditto - this was working yesterday for me! Now it doesn't. I removed the SMTP connection and recreated to no avail.

Found a solution. Opened the Akonadi Debug Console (akonadiconsole) and noticed that the Mail Dispatcher Agent was offline. No idea why it was offline. I toggled it back online and the message was sent....

Cheers,
Paul.

Thank you very much for this solution. Weird bug.

OpenSuSe 12.1