This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

automatic spam handling in kmail broken

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Rasputin
Registered Member
OS
Hi all,

I am using kmail 4.7.2 and I can't get automatic spam handling working. I configured spam handling via the wizard for use with bogofilter, so in my filter list now I have the Bogofilter Check and directly afterwards Spam Handling.
The Bogofilter Check filter is applied correctly, and I see a bogosity field in the header of each new mail. The problem is, that the Spam Handling is not executed automatically on new mails. It works flawlessly when applying it manually on new mails on moves the messages into my spam folder, but it seems that it is simply skipped on automatically filtering.
Or is it possible that the filter chain does not wait till the pipe through command of the Bogofilter Check is completed and the Spam Handling filter sees a mail without bogofilter tag?

Btw, in the advanced settings of the Spam Handling filter I have checked Apply this Filter on incoming Messages from all accounts, so this is not the problem.

Thanks for reading, thanks for your help!

Regards,
rasputin
piedro
Registered Member
OS
Hi!

The same problem here - it's just not working, I tried reinstalling bogofilter packages, deleting the filters and reenabling spam filtering again - still it doesn't work.

I suggest to forget about it and enjoy the other features of kmail2. Please filter manually while listening to calming music ...

thx for reading, piedro
Rasputin
Registered Member
OS
Heya, as said in the other thread - filtering manually is not what automatic mail filters are made for ;) Btw, for me the problem existed prior to 4.7.2 and persists in 4.7.3. I would not exclude though that it might be related to viewtopic.php?f=20&t=97744&p=207482.

Cheers, rasputin
timotheeg
Registered Member
OS
Hey!

Although this thread is getting old, I'm just adding that I have the exact same problem, which is a shame since bogofilter is working very well at identifying the ~150 spam emails I get per day; they just don't get moved to the spam folder :(

I'm on kde/kontact 4.7.3 on a gentoo 64 system.

Rasputin, that last post you added in the other thread... did that also fix this spam filter issue?

Thanks,
Tim.
Rasputin
Registered Member
OS
Heya Tim,

no, it did not. I am still deleting my spam by hand, even though also in my case it is correctly classified as spam.

Best, Rasputin
Rasputin
Registered Member
OS
My kmail just moved the first spam mail into the junk folder! This is on kubuntu with the brand new kde 4.8 release.
timothee
Registered Member
Oh boy, this is exciting! Many thanks for the update Rasputin! I'm on gentoo 4.7.4, still with the problem, but I'm very happy to know the end is near when gentoo makes 4.8 stable. Thanks again!