This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Personal calendar not loaded; trouble with Todos in Kontact

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wotan
Registered Member
OS
hi all

I just installed Kubuntu 11.10 on a samsung N 150 netbook. till yet it works not so bad but i feel concerned by a "semi2 probelm when using contact:

1) the icon of todo on the left doesn't appear
2) when I add some todo'sor some event there is a message (seems like a notify ) sayin Personal calendar not loaded
My Personal calendar however exist, and ist selected.
Moreover todos and events are still created, altough there is this error (that s why "semi Problem")

But however I worry about it. Also if someone knows what thereason might be, then please tell me
thks
wotan
Registered Member
OS
jlr78
Registered Member
OS
I too wonder about this irritating error message. Things seem to be working, but it is very vexing.
wotan
Registered Member
OS
Be careful!
I thought it was just I minor bug so I carried on.
Yesterday I have lost all my todo's and I saw that in Akonadi the personal calendar was ticked with a redbox (don't know if you see what I mean)
I could have retrieve the former one by selecting a file but impossible to find where akonadi had store the previous. Hence I had to create a new one.
Since then no error message anymore. However I was quite sure i had wrotten a To do yesterday that doesnt appear today.
Will tell you if it continue

But I would advise you to define a new Personal Calendar in Akonadi, and see if it solve the Problem.

What I hate the most fo those bogs, is not the bug in itself, it is rather the fact that we pretend that akonadi and Kontact are in Release Status whereas the honesty would lead us to say they are only pre-alpha not fully tested yet.... but that's another subject....
stel
Registered Member
OS
i too lost my todo items with the upgrade to 11.10 oneiric. the todo icon in kontact is replaced with a blank doc icon with a question mark in it. clicking it gets you into todo with nothing there and adding items doesn't work (you can create but they never appear). to be honest with you i'm ready to dump it, maybe even kontact after 10 years on kde because this upgrade is so broken. i just want my todo data. if anyone knows where the todo data is/was stored, i would be very grateful. i've blown hours scouring .kde and .local to find it and failed.
annew
Manager
OS
As far as I know, the data is part of KOrganizer calendar. You have to get the calendar resource working to see ToDo, Journal, etc..

annew, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct and a KDE user since 2002.
Join us on http://userbase.kde.org
stel
Registered Member
OS
well i haven't been able to get todo working even though calendar seems to. so do you think the files are stored along with calendar ics files? i thought i combed through those. i just want to get my data out and be done.
annew
Manager
OS
FWIW, I imported my calendar into Thunderbird, and the tasks are all there.

annew, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct and a KDE user since 2002.
Join us on http://userbase.kde.org
stel
Registered Member
OS
to import calendar (with to-do) did you first export from kontact? what did you export? if you imported files (without an export), which files did you import? i really just want to know which file contains to-do data.