This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

email not loaded

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
collinm
Registered Member
OS

email not loaded

Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:59 pm
hi

often when i open kmail, when i click a email, it's content is not loaded

akonadi is running

any idea?

bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: email not loaded

Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:01 am
Have you tried closing KMail then restarting Akonadi? (run akonadictl stop, then akonadictl start)

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
collinm
Registered Member
OS

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:30 pm
ya tried, sometime that work and sometime not.....

if i start kontact in console, when i quit i often get that:

void Akonadi::NotificationSource::serviceUnregistered(const QString&) Notification source "kontact" now serving: ()
void Akonadi::NotificationSource::unsubscribe() "kontact"

collinm@linux-rgya:~> Error during selection of all records from table "CollectionTable" "MySQL server has gone away QMYSQL: Unable to execute query"
Error during selection of all records from table "CollectionTable" "MySQL server has gone away QMYSQL: Unable to execute query"

Error during selection of all records from table "CollectionTable" "MySQL server has gone away QMYSQL: Unable to execute query"

lError during selection of all records from table "CollectionTable" "MySQL server has gone away QMYSQL: Unable to execute query"

habitually, after when i restart kontact, i go problem to read and access email

einar
Administrator
OS

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 pm
It doesn't seem that mysql is running: normally Akonadi starts its own process. Or are you using a system-wide MySQL instance?

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
collinm
Registered Member
OS

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:43 am
i think i will export email, erase db and config and import email

Cloddy
Registered Member
OS

Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:14 pm
I've been getting the same or similar problem ever since upgrading(?) from kmail to kmail2. The body of the message is not loaded in the message window but when I hover the mouse over the message in the message list, the message is visible in the preview pane. I'm running on KDE 4.7.4 and get the same result on both openSUSE 11.4 and 12.1.

I quit Kontact, closed the Korganiser daemon, then killed Kontact as it was still running according to the system monitor. I started it from the console and got the following -

graham@home-1:~> kontact
kontact(11628)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "" with KXMLGUIFactory!
graham@home-1:~> kontact(11628)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "" with KXMLGUIFactory!
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:31 am
Please provide the content of ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc.

KDE Sysadmin
collinm
Registered Member
OS

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:04 am
i renamed akonadi, kontact, kabc, kmail folder in .kde4 apps and config (aldo renammed folder where seem akonadi seem to stock database...)

restarted computer... work fine but i don't know how, kmail reloaded my email...

when i restarted kontact, all my email was there

how to backup email, contact and so on?

does we need to backup akonadi database?

Cloddy
Registered Member
OS

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:58 am
bcooksley wrote:Please provide the content of ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc.

Here's the contents as requested:

[%General]
Driver=QMYSQL

[QMYSQL]
Name=akonadi
Host=
Options="UNIX_SOCKET=/home/graham/.local/share/akonadi/socket-home-1/mysql.socket"
ServerPath=/usr/sbin/mysqld
StartServer=true

[Debug]
Tracer=null
einar
Administrator
OS

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:12 pm
collinm wrote:does we need to backup akonadi database?

Akonadi does not store any of your mail, it is merely a way to present mail and similar PIM resources to other applications.
In this specific case the database probably got corrupted at some point, or there were errors in the commands used, and thus could not load the information needed to display the mails in kontact.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
collinm
Registered Member
OS

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:51 pm
einar wrote:

Akonadi does not store any of your mail, it is merely a way to present mail and similar PIM resources to other applications.
In this specific case the database probably got corrupted at some point, or there were errors in the commands used, and thus could not load the information needed to display the mails in kontact.

so the only way to backup it's to save data via kontact...

Cloddy
Registered Member
OS

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:37 pm
Just to confuse the issue - or not? - I'm seeing the same problem in Knode. I've just seen a couple of postings in gmane.mail.syplheed.claws.general where the body of the message is missing. The posts are listed as having 136 and 58 lines but nothing appears. The postings are the 1st (from Paul at 1301GMT 16th December 2011) and 6th (wwp at 1554) in the thread "Claws Mail 3.8.0 unleashed!!". I can see both posts in Pan without any bother.

If I select "All headers" in Knode, I can see all the headers. If I do that in Kmail2, I see no headers whatsoever. Any other setting in Kmail2 for viewing the headers shows nothing missing. How is that possible?

Graham
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:21 am
@Cloddy: That looks fine. It looks like your system is suffering from a variety of issues though, so please ensure all packages have been updated and installed as needed. It seems that some core KDE PIM plugin related to message viewing may not be being found.

Try running "kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental" once you have verified your system has all needed packages installed and up to date.

KDE Sysadmin
Cloddy
Registered Member
OS

Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:40 am
I've found a get-around for the problem but, to my mind, the bug still exists. I've altered the setting of Local Folders properties so that, in the "Retrieval" tab, "Retrieval Options" is now "Always retrieve full messages" instead of "Retrieve message bodies on demand." So far, over the past four or five days, I've had no empty e-mails. It therefore looks as though the latter option only works when it's in the mood.

I ran the command you suggested and the suggestions it had were many in the following style:
kbuildsycoca4(1958)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::init: The desktop entry file "/usr/share/applications/YaST2/sysconfig.desktop" has Type= "Application" but also has a X-KDE-Library key. This works for now, but makes user-preference handling difficult, so support for this might be removed at some point. Consider splitting it into two desktop files.

There were also a couple of other warnings:
kbuildsycoca4(1958) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry MimeType in "/usr/share/applications/monodevelop.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
kbuildsycoca4(1958) parseLayoutNode: The menu spec file contains a Layout or DefaultLayout tag without the mandatory Merge tag inside. Please fix your file.

These are not something I can deal with apart from passing them on to openSUSE if you think they may be of importance. In any case, I doubt they are related to this particular problem.
collinm
Registered Member
OS

Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:05 am
einar wrote:

Cloddy wrote:
bcooksley wrote:Please provide the content of ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc.

surely it's the database overhead, but it slower than before...