This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[kmail] Mark Message options

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
O.Bohm
Registered Member
OS

[kmail] Mark Message options

Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:19 am
Hello everyone,

I started using kmail (KDE 4.7 on Archlinux), but I have a problem with marking messages. According to Kmail Handbook, I should be able to use the Message -> Mark Message to mark messages as read, important, spam, forwarded etc. But my menu shows only three options: Read, Important and Action Item. Any idea what to do about it?

Thanks,

Ondrej
einar
Administrator
OS

Re: [kmail] Mark Message options

Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:44 am
Do you have Nepomuk disabled? Marking requires Nepomuk (but not file indexing) to be enabled.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
O.Bohm
Registered Member
OS

Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:55 am
I have nepomuk installed and enabled.

It's not that I can't mark at all. I just have only a few options as opposed to the list mentioned in documentation.
einar
Administrator
OS

Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:06 am
Can you check Settings > Configure KMail > Appearance > Message tags? Try pushing the "Default values" option there and it should fill in the pre-defined ones.
Also some tags, such as spam, will not appear unless you have configured spam filtering in KMail itself.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
iamsorandom
Registered Member

Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:19 pm
Hi, I'm getting the same problem (on Debian Jessie)...not sure if I've got nepomuk enabled, I would think not as KDE has now moved away from it?

I can't see the option you mention einar (can get to message tags but no default values option)...how do I go about setting up spam in kmail?

Cheers,
Nick
iamsorandom
Registered Member

Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:23 pm
Ok I worked out how to set up spam in kmail, but still can't see the other options.