This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

new messages not color coded in kmail list

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rcdawson
Registered Member
OS
I just installed kmail2 (Mandriva 2011). I managed import my mail and addressbook from the previous version of kmail. In the message list all unread messages are blue, turning black after I read them. "out of the box", new messages were not colored red, as was the case in the previous kmail version.

I found the Kmail appearance settings for colors. the "Use custom colors" was not checked, so I checked it and then clicked apply. That made no difference in the behavior.

The color coding of new messages was helpful, so I would like to have that feature activated. Is there some other setting needed?

Thank you in advance.
Unhinged
Registered Member
OS
Go to "Settings" -> "Configure Kmail" -> "Appearance". Looking at the tabs the rest should be self explanatory.

Andy R.
Kubuntu 12.10
KDE/Kontact 4.9.4
rcdawson
Registered Member
OS
Unhinged wrote:Go to "Settings" -> "Configure Kmail" -> "Appearance". Looking at the tabs the rest should be self explanatory.

That's what I did! I went to Settings>Configure Kmail>Appearance>Colors. In that screen about all one can do is check or uncheck "Use custom colors" and check or uncheck "Recycle colors on deep quoting"

Neither was originally checked, although unread messages in the message list were blue and turned black after being read.

It seemed obvious: I checked "Use custom colors." That made no difference in the behavior. On the off chance that the "Recycle colors" setting might do something, I tried that. Still no change in behavior.

I don't see what else there is for one to do on that screen.
rcdawson
Registered Member
OS
Does anyone else experience this problem? Has anyone found a solution for it?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I would advise filing a bug report at this stage. Cleansing configuration files with KMail is unfortunately not something I would recommend.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]