This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Merged View of two folders in kmail2

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tils
Registered Member
Hello,

is there a possibility to have a merged view of two imap folders in kmail? The reason I ask is that I really love the discussion/conversation view of kmail with grouping by "threads".
The problem is that kmail is one of very few mail clients who supports this. The most others don't. In my case I have my android phone which stores the sent mails in the "sent" folder like the most clients do. Another usecase is a coworker which shares one imap box with me. He uses the mail application of his macbook. This one behaves exactly like my android phone.

If I could tell kmail to store the sent mails in "Sent" and had a merged view in kmail of "INBOX" and "Sent" this would work with all clients and I had my threaded view and would by very happy ;-)

Greets
Michael from germany
krop
KDE Developer
OS
tils wrote:Hello,

is there a possibility to have a merged view of two imap folders in kmail?

Select Inbox then CTRL+click on your sent folder.

(possibly only possible in KMail from 4.8)

tils
Registered Member
Thanks a lot for that hint. It works also here in kde 4.7 with kmail2.

This helps, but a folder which is merged all the time would be better for me.
Perhaps something like a conversation folder where you can set n folders to be merged. But perhaps I only have to change my habits ;-)
orynor
Registered Member
This stopped working recently (KMail version 5.7.3), while it was working in 5.2/5.3 - I'm not so sure.

Does anyone know if this was intentional, and how we're supposed to use KMail now?