This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Graphical quoting display in KMail

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alarm
Registered Member
OS

Graphical quoting display in KMail

Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:46 pm
Hello guys!
I was going to migrate from Thunderbird to KMail, but I got some big problems.
The main problem is lack of any graphical quoting in mail view.
I have looked for problem solving in the internet and found issue in kde's bugzilla:http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=106574
That wish was submitted seven (!) years ago, but it hasn't done yet!

If I recieve mail with plain text formating, graphical quoting aren't big problem, because there are symbols ">" with different colors. But when I recieve mail with HTML text formating, I don't see any symbols of quoting, only blank space.

On the attached screenshot you can see, that the mail in thunderbird is more understandable than in kmail.

Believe me, if you have a big mail message with a lot of different quotations in HTML, you can't read it in KMail =(

Please, write me, if you know any solutions. Or maybe you can vote for this functional or write to developers and ask them to make it...

With best regards. Evgeny.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Which version of KMail/KDE is being used here?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
alarm
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Which version of KMail/KDE is being used here?

Oh, excuse me, I haven't written it.
Code: Select all
$ kde4-config -v
Qt: 4.8.0
KDE: 4.8.00 (4.8.0
kde4-config: 1.0

KMail has the same version - 4.8.0
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You might want to file a feature request improvement at bugs.kde.org requesting that the graphical quoting display is improved - I think it might be based on the Grantlee template system - but i'm not sure exactly.

KDE Sysadmin
alarm
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:You might want to file a feature request improvement at bugs.kde.org requesting that the graphical quoting display is improved - I think it might be based on the Grantlee template system - but i'm not sure exactly.

Excuse me, but I don't understand you. The feature request exists now. I left link on bugs.kde ( http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=106574 ) in the first post of this thread. But it hasn't been realized yet. I can add new comment to that request with my screenshot, but I am not sure, that it can change anything.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Oh, I hadn't seen that link (it had run off the side of my screen at the time).
Unfortunately i'm not aware of any solutions to this at this time.

KDE Sysadmin
alarm
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Oh, I hadn't seen that link (it had run off the side of my screen at the time).
Unfortunately i'm not aware of any solutions to this at this time.

Oh it's a pity. =( As for me, it is very big problem for normal work with KMail. Are there any ways to ping developers or change priority of this task or anything else?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You may want to ask on kdepim-users@kde.org - which some developers do track more than the forum.

KDE Sysadmin
alarm
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:You may want to ask on kdepim-users@kde.org - which some developers do track more than the forum.

Is it jabber conference or mailing list? :<
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
It is a mailing list. KDE development is generally conducted over the @kde.org mailing lists or on the Freenode IRC network.

KDE Sysadmin