This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

marbleWidget with Eclipse

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lballesteros
Registered Member

marbleWidget with Eclipse

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:22 am
Hi!!!
First, sorry for my bad english...
I'm developing a project in which I need to integrate a GIS in my application. I've decided to use Marble, but I must develop it using Eclipse and Windows XP. My problem is that I don't know how to install the marbleWidget plugin for Eclipse, all the information I've found is for Qt Creator.
Thanks for your help.
Earthwings
KDE Developer
OS

Re: marbleWidget with Eclipse

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:49 pm
The installation of the plugin for an IDE (like Qt Designer) is optional. You can still use it with code written in Eclipse, just don't have a graphical view of it while developing. Personally I use it always like that :-)
lballesteros
Registered Member

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:12 am
Thanks for reply!!
If I don't install any plugin, what I would have to do by inserts the widget in my application? I mean, once you've installed marble (I've a problem installing it, but i will open a new thread for this), whats the next step?
I've installed the Qt Eclipse Integration, would work the QtDesigner plugin in my application?
Earthwings
KDE Developer
OS

Re: marbleWidget with Eclipse  Topic is solved

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:34 pm
The plugin is only needed to have a graphical preview of your application's user interface. The functionality itself is kept inside the marble library (.dll). So installing Marble (and putting the .dll next to your program's executable, or having the PATH variable include the directory the Marble .dll is in) is all that is needed to be able to integrate Marble in your application.

So the following should work:
- Marble is installed somewhere
- PATH includes the directory where Marble's .dll is
- You write code along the lines of http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/MarbleCPlusPlus

There are a couple of issues however that can get in your way: Using different compilers for Qt and Marble, mixing debug and release versions, and all the other issues that come up when abusing Windows as a development environment >:D
lballesteros
Registered Member

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:48 pm
I've compiled and installed marble, but there are new problems...
I've include in my PATH variable the libmarblewidget.dll path, and the data\ and plugins\ directories paths, I've write the code example in Eclipse but dosen't recognize the #include <marble/MarbleWidget>.... I've include the marble's include directory in my eclipse project includes but still not working.

As a test, I've followed the steps for include the plugin for QtDesigner, but the marbleWidget dosen't appears...
Thank's for your help beforehand.
lballesteros
Registered Member

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:57 am
Ok, I've include the data\ and plugins\ directory in mi project's directory and it runs, but when I change the map style using:
mapWidget->setMapThemeId("earth/openstreetmap/openstreetmap.dgml"); the map is empty... which may be the problem? I think that may be that I've to dowload data of the openstreetmap, but I don't know how to do this.