This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Definition of MarbleWidget::mouseClickGeoPosition()

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ngillotte
Registered Member
Hello, I am using MarbleWidget in a program, and I was curious to know how mouseClickGeoPosition() works. But I can't find its definition anywhere. It is declared in MarbleWidget.h, and it is called in MarbleWidget.cpp, but I can't find a definition anywhere. I even grepped the parent folder containing all the source code for Marble, but I don't see it defined.

I looked online, and the MarbleWidget API at http://api.kde.org/4.8-api/kdeedu-apidocs/marble/html/classMarble_1_1MarbleWidget.html#ab29c00b644a02ca970442c8afc8995de lists the function prototype, but it doesn't describe its implementation or reference a source code file. Googling it produced similar API references, but nothing that answered my question. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks. I'm using Marble v4.8.4, in case it matters.
Earthwings
KDE Developer
OS
It's a signal defined both in MarbleMap and MarbleWidget. The call chain is something like that:
  • User clicks in map
  • QWidget generate a mouse event
  • MarbleWidget's input handler (MarbleWidgetDefaultInputHandler from MarbleWidgetInputHandler.h) is called
  • The input handler emits mouseClickScreenPosition( int, int )
  • MarbleWidget's notifyMouseClick( int, int ) slot is called from that
  • MarbleWidget emits mouseClickGeoPosition()