This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Memory Leak with large KML files?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
fr33
Registered Member

Memory Leak with large KML files?

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:27 pm
I have built Marble Widget within my QT application. I am using version 0.12 of the source code. It seems as though there is memeory leak happening when I add a rather large KML file. The program memory used seems to grow without bound. Here is how I add the KML file:
Code: Select all
 QFileInfo inputFile( "WorldBorders.kml");
m->model()->addGeoDataFile(inputFile.absoluteFilePath());

kml file: http://code.google.com/p/kml123/downloa ... orders.kml

mod edit: Added original subject back to avoid confusion --Earthwings

Last edited by fr33 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earthwings
KDE Developer
OS
Hey all, So I have built Marble Widget within my qt application. Everything runs as they should. I am using version 0.12 of the source code (latest, I believe). It seems as though there is memeory leak happening when I add a rather large KML file. The program memory used seems to grow without bound. Here is how I add the KML file: QFileInfo inputFile( "WorldBorders.kml"); m->model()->addGeoDataFile(inputFile.absoluteFilePath()); Any help will be appreciated. Even if there is a way to clear/reset the widget so that it clears its memory, I would love that as that will be a good work-around. Thank You! :P

I just did the following:

Memory was ever increasing and didn't go down after closing the file, so I'd say you're right that there is a memory leak, or at least the .kml file is kept in memory even when it is not needed anymore. Can you report a bug at bugs.kde.org, please?

fr33 wrote:Post deleted by user pending further testing to recreate problem in v0.12.

I think it's a valid problem.
fr33
Registered Member
This was a bigger problem with the 0.11v, where when I opened a kml file using the following, the memory would grow without any bound and crash in a couple of minutes.
Code: Select all
        QFileInfo inputFile( "WorldBorders.kml");
        m->model()->addGeoDataFile(inputFile.absoluteFilePath());

If I leave the program sitting, with the map showing the kml file, memory does keep growing without bound

Am I adding the kml file as intended? Should I be using bookmark manager over the way I have done it above? I have not been able to find a better way as of yet.