This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problem while making Marble source code

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jpati
Registered Member
Hi! I follow these steps http://www.techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/WindowsCompiling compiling marble using MinGW. When i reach point 3.6 mingw32-make making goes up to 90% and then I receive such errors:

[ 90%] Building CXX object src/lib/CMakeFiles/marblewidget.dir/qrc_marble.obj
Linking CXX shared library libmarblewidget.dll
Creating library file: libmarblewidget.dll.a
CMakeFiles\marblewidget.dir/objects.a(GeoDataColorStyle.obj):GeoDataColorStyle.c
pp:(.text+0x43): undefined reference to `_imp___ZrsR11QDataStreamR6QColor'
CMakeFiles\marblewidget.dir/objects.a(GeoDataColorStyle.obj):GeoDataColorStyle.c
pp:(.text+0x93): undefined reference to `_imp___ZlsR11QDataStreamRK6QColor'
pp:(.text+0x1a3): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6QColorC1EN2Qt11GlobalColorE'
CMakeFiles\marblewidget.dir/objects.a(GeoDataColorStyle.obj):GeoDataColorStyle.cpp:(.text+0x43): undefined reference to `_imp___ZrsR11QDataStreamR6QColor' CMakeFiles\marblewidget.dir/objects.a(GeoDataColorStyle.obj):GeoDataColorStyle.cpp:(.text+0x93): undefined reference to `_imp___ZlsR11QDataStreamRK6QColor'
CMakeFiles\marblewidget.dir/objects.a(GeoDataColorStyle.obj):GeoDataColorStyle.cpp:(.text+0x21c): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6QColoraSERKS_'
CMakeFiles\marblewidget.dir/objects.a(GeoDataColorStyle.obj): bad reloc address 0x0 in section `.rdata$_ZTIN6Marble11GeoDocumentE[typeinfo for Marble::GeoDocument]'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make[2]: *** [src/lib/libmarblewidget.dll] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: *** [src/lib/CMakeFiles/marblewidget.dir/all] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas? Thanks for any help!
shentey
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

you're probably trying to link against Qt libraries which were compiled with the Microsoft compiler (MSVC). Mixing MinGW and MSVC compilers is not possible due to different name mangling. The solution is either to link against Qt libraries which were compiled with MinGW or to compile Marble with MSVC.

HTH